Here’s a Lost Episode of Talking Taiwan from 2012 featuring Graci Kim. At the time she had a YouTube show called Graci in the Kitchen, and she talked about some of the episodes that were in the works. Next week we’ll be sharing our follow up interview with Graci to find out what she’s been up to since then.
This episode of Talking Taiwan has been sponsored by NATWA, the North America Taiwanese Women’s Association.
NATWA was founded in 1988, and its mission is:
- to evoke a sense of self-esteem and enhance women’s dignity,
- to oppose gender discrimination and promote gender equality,
- to fully develop women’s potential and encourage their participation in public affairs,
- to contribute to the advancement of human rights and democratic development in Taiwan,
- to reach out and work with women’s organizations worldwide to promote peace for all.
To learn more about NATWA visit their website: www.natwa.com
Here’s a little preview of what we talked about in this podcast episode:
- How and when Graci first learned to cook
- Graci in the Kitchen is show on YouTube that’s going to be shot in Taiwan
- How Graci’s show Graci in the Kitchen is about the power of food
- Graci’s philosophy of feeding the body, mind and soul
- How each episode focuses on a mood
- Graci’s episode featuring kimchi pancakes
- The good bacteria and health benefits of kimchi pancakes
- The difference between kimchi in Korea and Taiwan
- How popular kimchi is in Korea
- Why kimchi pancakes is a dish that most people would enjoy
- Graci’s tips for making kimchi pancakes
- Graci’s TED Talk in 2018 and how what she talked about in the talk still resonates today with the rise in Asian hate crimes globally during the COVID-19 pandemic
Graci in the Kitchen: