A note from Talking Taiwan host Felicia Lin:
This is the first of our new Thursday weekly series Talking Taiwan’s Lost Episodes.
As some of you may know, I started hosting Talking Taiwan in 2013, but Talking Taiwan was actually created back in 2012. And we’ve discovered some never before published, “lost” episodes of Talking Taiwan that were recorded 10 years ago! Some of these guests featured in these “lost episodes” may already be familiar to our listeners and some of them will be reintroduced with a follow up interview for us find out what they’re up to these days.
Stay tuned every Thursday a new “lost” episode of Talking Taiwan.
This “lost” episode of Talking Taiwan features Brian Foden, a proud Canadian. Next week we’ll be bringing Brian back on to find out how he’s doing and what he’s up to these days.
Here’s a little preview of what we talked about in this podcast episode:
- Where in Canada Brian is from
- What brought Brian to Taiwan
- Brian’s work on the ICRT News team
- How he left ICRT
- Brian’s travels through South America
- The Brass Monkey in Taipei’s pub quiz nights and Brian’s pub quiz team The Three Stooges
- Brian shared what kinds of job opportunities there were in writing, editing, recording or for those with a journalism background
1997 Asian financial crisis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Asian_financial_crisis
ICRT (International Community Radio Taipei): https://www.icrt.com.tw/