This past Saturday, April 29th was the first TaiwanFest of the year in New York City. So we decided to go check it out and see what businesses and community organizations were there.
For this episode we tried out something different by livestreaming and talking to people on location.
Talking Taiwan will be at this year’s Passport to Taiwan on May 28th
It was a test run for May when Talking Taiwan will be at this year’s Passport to Taiwan on Sunday, May 28th from 12-5pm in New York City’s Union Square Park. We’ll be having an outdoor on location podcasting studio. So if you’re in New York, drop by, I’ll be interviewing people in the booth throughout the day. Come and talk to us. Hear highlights from some of our most notable episodes. Suggest someone to be a guest on Talking Taiwan. We’ll be doing giveaways for anyone who willing to sit in the hot seat to answer my flash five questions or better yet, anyone who wants to pitch themself to be a guest on Talking Taiwan.
This episode of Talking Taiwan has been sponsored by NATWA, the North America Taiwanese Women’s Association.
NATWA was founded in 1988, and its mission is:
- to evoke a sense of self-esteem and enhance women’s dignity,
- to oppose gender discrimination and promote gender equality,
- to fully develop women’s potential and encourage their participation in public affairs,
- to contribute to the advancement of human rights and democratic development in Taiwan,
- to reach out and work with women’s organizations worldwide to promote peace for all.
To learn more about NATWA visit their website: www.natwa.com
Sweeeet NYC: https://www.instagram.com/sweeeetnyc/
Passport to Taiwan: https://p2tw.org/